Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
Colon Cleansing: Protect Your Body
Obviously not all of us will consider using a colon cleansing product unless there’s some dire situation involving chronic constipation. Actually there are a lot of times, a colon cleanser must be recommended by a physician before you will consider using such a product. And yet, a lot of us will readily take a laxative when constipation happens even though they may be far more dangerous than most colon cleansing products. A good colon cleansing is periodically important in order to keep the gastrointestinal tract clear and clean and may be able to help avoid colorectal cancer and septicemia – both of which are known to be fatal.
Laxatives are typically made from stimulants and while these may stimulate the colon and force a bowel functioning, laxatives can also be habit-forming and cause serious side effects like elevated blood pressure, tremors, insomnia, dehydration and nausea. Additionally, laxatives may also cause permanent nerve damage to the muscles in the colon. So, when taken for prolonged periods, laxatives will surely become necessary to bowel functioning as the muscle atrophy within the colon. Periodic use of a colon cleanser could help avoid fecal compactions which could cause constipation problems and thus eradicate the need for using laxatives as constipation relief.
Fecal compaction happens because there are times when the digestive tract produces waste quicker than it could eliminate it from the body system. Next, the waste accumulates in the colon and some of it will certainly become attached to the walls of the intestinal tract. And when the digestive tract can process food quickly and flush the waste out of your body in a timely manner, the body could sometimes remove some of the accumulated waste. Usually colon cleansers are the only method that could evacuate waste out of your system, however. Because there is a constant movement of waste along the gastrointestinal tract, feces will become compacted and harden, then layer after layer of compacted waste would accumulate along the walls of the colon and as each layer hardens, another layer begins to form. Fecal compactions form at the point where the large intestines and bowel meet. In fact this is the common source of constipation problems and best treated with a natural colon cleansing product.
Clearly fecal compaction does lead to chronic constipation problems and when left untreated, waste starts to accumulate within the body system. So if the condition isn’t resolved with a thorough colon cleansing, the toxins and dangerous bacteria within the waste would begin to reabsorb into the blood stream. At the very least, this would begin to strain your immune system and thus lower the white blood cell count. This will then leave you more susceptible to diseases and infections.
Southwestern Potato Skins
Serve these potato skins, which are a very good source of iron, vitamin B-6 and fiber, with chunky salsa. Two tablespoons of salsa adds less than 10 calories.
* 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
* 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
* 1 medium tomato, diced
Some Colon Cleansing Tips
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids.
- Take vitamin C supplements regularly. It will boost up the immune system.
- Take some detox baths. Do moderate exercise.
- Take some probiotics. These are supplements which supply good bacteria to the system.
- Take small amounts of food. Do not over eat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub potatoes and prick each several times with a fork. Microwave uncovered on high until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the microwave and place on a wire rack to cool. When cool to the touch, cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh attached to the skin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chili powder and hot sauce. Brush the olive oil mixture on the insides of the potato skins. Cut each half of the potato skin in half again crosswise. Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl gently mix together the turkey bacon, tomato and onions. Fill each potato skin with this mixture and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the potato skins are heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.